Job S u m m ary:
The Network Administrator will be in direct support of the U . S. O f fice o f Mi l itary Co o perat i on - Kuwait ( O MC ‐ K) customers. Primary du t y l ocations are U.S. offices within OMCK spaces of t he US Embassy and Kuwaiti Ministry of Defen s e ( K Mo D ) facility in Kuwait Ci t y , K u wait. The Network Administrator will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of al l IT archit e ctu r es in the organizati o n. Must be fully capable of supporting the entire site solo as needed, from service desk up to server, storage, and network administration Network Administrator will be responsible for physical and virtual server op e rations & maintenance, converged architecture s u pport , basic network administration, a nd Tier I - III desktop troubleshooting as ne e ded o n mult i ple networks. Must possess a strong customer service and mission-first focus, 'can-do' attitude, and impeccable ethics. Strong systems and network troubleshooting skills an absolute must. Must be able to comfortably work in time-sensitive situations involving general officers, State Department diplomats, and non-US personnel.
Primary Respons i biliti e s:
- Operate, maintain, and trouble s hoot physical and virtual Windows server oper a ting systems for domain operations and security (2012R2, including domain controllers, DNS, Exchange, ePO, ACAS, and SCCM servers)
- Operate, maintain, and trouble s hoot virtual en v ironments ( vSphere 6)
- Operate, maintain, and trouble s hoot host servers and s to rage area net w orking ( S A N ) e quipme n t (Net A p p FlexPods w/ Cisco UCS servers and NetApp SAN devices)
- Operate, maintain, and trouble s hoot Windows desktops and laptops (Win7 and Win10), Win10-based Virtual Desktop Environment (VDI), pr i nte r s, digital senders, video teleconfer e nces, VOIPs, and oth e r standa r d off i ce e q uipme n t on own and without supervision in support of users (basic to advanced service desk actions).
- Maintain security including patches, IAVAs, STIGS, updates, and backups for servers, databases, and desktop systems
- Operate, maintain, and trouble s hoot SharePoint servers (Web Front End, Application, Database, and storage) and any development or staging environments as well as build and implement custom SharePoint pages, portals, dashboards, and workflows using OOTB SharePoint, Designer, InfoPath, and other commonly associated tool sets.
- Provide informal training to government representatives and teammates on SharePoint operation, maintenance, utilization, content management, and processes
- Provide Tier I, II, and III troubleshooting on desktop systems, software (MS Office, Java, etc), printer issues, Video Teleconferences, and server/network related issues as part of service desk functions
- Operate, maintain, and trouble s hoot basic LAN equipment (Cisco switches and routers as well as TACLANEs)
- Manage users, computers, security groups, GPOs, and other Active Directory requirements for the site
- Maintain mobile systems and services (such as iPhone configuration & support, VPN technology, etc)
- Participate i n o r lead special projects a nd d a y ‐to‐d a y o per a t i ons as n e ed e d or assigned b y the site lead, including, but not limited to, security accreditation efforts (RMF); configuration management processes; and IT infrastructure projects
Requir e d Min i mum Qualific a tions a t Time of Hire:
- Required: ESITE Level 2 Education & Experience: HS Diploma/GED + 8 yrs experience, or Associate's Degree + 6 yrs experience, or Bachelor's Degree + 4 yrs experience, or Master's Degree + 2 yrs experience
- 8570 IAT III I A Basel i ne Cert (one of the following): CASP CE, CCNA Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH
- Computing Environment Certifications: VCP-DCV6, MCSA: Server 2012,CCNA: R&S, and ITILv3 Foundations
Addi t ional R e quire m en t s:
- Requires active TOP SECRET clearance with immediate eligibility for SCI access at time of hire
- Duty hours on-site are 12‐hours per day, 5 days a week (Sunday to Thursday); subject to local labor law
- On‐call 24x7, including weekends and holidays
- Must have at least 36 months validity and 5 blank pages left on a U.S. passport.
- Requires processing CRC and passing medical screening and be designated "fit for deployment" including medical tests, BMI analysis, etc. See: https://www.bliss.army.mil/CRC/BCO_ContractorDeployers.html
- Requires employee to obtain & maintain host nation work visa, including local/regional medical testing
- Must be willing to live & work in the State of Kuwait and follow all corporate and local site policies and host nation laws, customs, and courtesies.
- Unaccompanied position includes off‐post housing and vehicle support provided by contract