Do you want to grow your career and be part of a team solving critical challenges that affect the world?
Leidos Civil is leading the way in solving internationally pressing issues, including:
- Aviation - Guiding the world's air traffic, managing 43,000+ flights for 2.5 million passengers per day
- Logistics & infrastructure support - Operating infrastructure for large-scale nuclear cleanup efforts
- Cybersecurity - Monitoring advanced threats; managing security services and utility command and control centers
- Facility management & operations - Operating the world's longest supply chain to Antarctica
- Energy engineering - Restoring power during hurricane efforts; helping communities achieve significant energy savings
- Environmental management - Delivering innovative environmental solutions and wildlife conservation plans
- IT infrastructure modernization - Helping 2+ million citizens recover from identity theft; maintaining global biometrics systems
- Transportation security solutions - Securing U.S. borders with 1200+ radiation and explosive monitors; designing vehicle solutions that save lives, reduce congestion, and boost fuel efficiency
If you desire to be an integral part of a dynamic team of science and technology leaders, then Leidos Civil is the place for you!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...Practical Answers for a Complicated World
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR SCHEDULER/PLANNER ROLE
Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a Scheduler/Planning professional to provide support to the National Aircraft Maintenance and Logistics Services with the CBP. The Scheduler/Planner role develops maintenance schedules and plans in detail, utilizing various maintenance software tools available to the program. This role plans, organizes, forecasts, and determines resources to bring about the successful completion of all program aviation maintenance requirements for multiple aircraft platforms, both military and commercial derivatives. Duties include ensuring that the ongoing maintenance and modification efforts occur within the defined schedule, scope, time, and budget constraints. This role also provides for task, materials, tooling and equipment identification, while interfacing with both support departments and the maintenance operations team to ensure all aspects of the maintenance can be performed in a timely and efficient manner. This role interfaces with Government, project leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel. This role requires experience understanding and maintenance requirements of large-scale complex programs. This role also requires excellent oral and written communication skills for interfacing with Government, program leadership and staff.
- Work within the Government provided aircraft maintenance operating system to develop upcoming maintenance and modification activities for multiple airframes, powerplants and components.
- Develop and schedule all maintenance activities up to one year in advance.
- Track aircraft utilization rates (hours, cycles) to ensure each aircraft does not exceed the scheduled maintenance event
- Provide both an annual and quarterly schedule to the Government, program office, support groups and operational sites providing visibility to upcoming maintenance events
- Build work order task packages and task plans in advance of an event in a timely manner to allow for proper staging prior to the event.
- Develop a Bill of Materials (BOM) of materials, parts, tooling and equipment requirements to the appropriate support department to pre-stage kits required for accomplishment of maintenance
- Confirm status of maintenance/inspections being accomplished
- Review maintenance documents and the Government provided operating system post-event to insure correct accomplishment of the tasks
- Previous program transition experience on other government contracts preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred and/or 8 years or more prior relevant work experience.
- Previous work experience with Government and OEM commercial airframes and component maintenance programs, Service Bulletins, Airworthiness Directives, STC activities and modifications.
- Experience displaying expert domain knowledge in a technical field.
- Experience developing and initiating complex scenarios and challenges and devising courses of action to resolve situations with predictable outcomes.
- Experience leading critical objectives where decision making is of utmost concern to the outcome.
- Experience supervising others.
- Experience managing large scale complex programs.
- Working knowledge of aviation-related programs.
Onsite location strongly preferred. Option to telework may be evaluated as potential consideration.