Leidos is seeking an Equipment Engineer II to support the intramural human use research at the Naval Medical Research Unit Dayton, OH.
The Equipment Engineer II shall perform the following duties:
- Execute the integration, fabrication, modification and functional testing of complex research equipment.
- Maintain and repair fabrication equipment in machine shop and ensure proper use of equipment based on safety protocols.
- Execute routine and preventative maintenance support for specialized research equipment and devices.
- Coordinate all engineering system design phases with other engineers and technical support personnel.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical deficiencies that arise during equipment start-up and operations.
- Develop methods, standards, and procedures to be followed by engineers and technicians in executing design and development projects.
Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 3 - 5 years of prior relevant experience.