The Computer Engineer I shall perform the following duties:
- Design, develop, and test computer hardware, devices, and networks in support of research requirements.
- Update research equipment and devices to ensure effective interface with new software and hardware components.
- Work with principal investigators, programmers, and software engineers to develop appropriate research device interfaces across different data collection systems.
- Integrate various technologies, such as wired and wireless networks, video, eye-tracking hardware and software, and commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) and government off-the-shelf (GOTS) hardware and software, to support specific research needs.
- Expand upon software being developed to interface with existing government software, computers, and displays.
Requires BS degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.