Leidos is currently seeking a full-time Equipment Engineer IV to support the intramural human use research at the Naval Medical Research Unit Dayton, OH.
This role is contingent upon award.
shall perform the following duties:In accordance with section 3.0 of the base IDIQ PWS, the contractor shall perform the following duties:
- Manage and execute the integration, fabrication, modification and functional testing of complex research equipment.
- Manage and oversee operations and maintenance of fabrication equipment located in machine shop, to include maintenance and repair of equipment, and ensure proper use of equipment based on safety protocols.
- Manage and execute routine and preventative maintenance support for specialized research equipment and devices.
- Coordinate all engineering system design phases with other engineers and technical support personnel.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical deficiencies that arise during equipment start-up and operations.
Lead development of methods, standards, and procedures to be followed by engineers and technicians in executing design and development projects.
Requires BS degree and 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.