Leidos is seeking a Mechanical Engineer I to support Naval Medical Research Unit Dayton, OH. This role is contingent upon award. shall perform the following duties:
- Assist in the design, manufacture, maintenance, and repair of the mechanical components of research devices and equipment.
- Confirm research device and equipment capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods and testing properties.
- Conduct various aspects of innovative mechanical design and prototyping including computer-aided design (CAD) modeling, drawing packages, electronic integration, fabrication, and 3D printing.
- Work with researchers, other engineers, and technical support personnel to resolve systems and design engineering problems, which may require the development of new techniques or the innovative application of state-of-the-art technology.
- Requires BS degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
- Ability to obtain Security Clearance