Leidos is seeking a Mechanical Engineer I to support Naval Medical Research Unit Dayton, OH. This role is contingent upon award. shall perform the following duties:
- Assist in the design, manufacture, maintenance, and repair of the mechanical components of research devices and equipment.
- Confirm research device and equipment capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods and testing properties.
- Conduct various aspects of innovative mechanical design and prototyping including computer-aided design (CAD) modeling, drawing packages, electronic integration, fabrication, and 3D printing.
- Work with researchers, other engineers, and technical support personnel to resolve systems and design engineering problems, which may require the development of new techniques or the innovative application of state-of-the-art technology.
- Requires BS degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
- Ability to obtain Security Clearance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.