Leidos is seeking a Software Engineer IV to support the intramural human use research at the Naval Medical Research Unit Dayton, OH. This role is contingent upon award.
Software Engineer IV independently perform the following duties:
- Coordinate all engineering system design phases with principal investigators, engineers, and technical support personnel.
- Provide functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of software operating systems, including, but not limited to, utility software, development software, and diagnostic software.
- Participate in the development of test strategies, devices and systems.
- Direct and coordinate activities related to the design, development and implementation of software operating systems for products. Oversee the development of test strategies and systems.
- Direct the integration, fabrication, and functional testing of systems after installation to ensure performance meets specifications and customer requirements.
- Resolve novel systems and design engineering problems, which may require the development of new techniques or the innovative application of state-of-the-art technology.
- Develop methods, standards, and procedures to be followed by other engineers and technicians in executing major design and development projects.
- Test and evaluate efforts involving communications, computer command and control systems, data collection, and instrumentation systems. Systems are typically composed of numerous and diverse interdependent subsystems and units derived from the development, design, or integration of new interconnections and measurement control devices.
- Requires BS degree and 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance