Leidos is seeking a Life Scientist I to support the intramural human use research at the Naval Medical Research Unit Dayton, OH.
Life Scientist I will perform the following duties with minimal supervision:
- Schedule and assist with subject screening and data collection.
- Assist the Principal Investigator (PI) with paperwork for human subjects and/or animal use research approval and ensure compliance with rules and regulations.
- Coordinate the implementation of sponsored and PI initiated research studies, including regulatory requirements, maintenance of files/study records and all activities associated with internal and external audits in coordination with the PI.
- Maintain instrumentation, equipment, and laboratories.
- Modify and plan research experiments, procedures, tests, or survey instruments.
- Assist in research design and development of a study budget.
- Assist with preparation for presentations and written published articles.
- Monitor supply inventory and replenish stocks through established Command supply procedures.
Coordinate the activities of research assistants and provide training as necessary and/or appropriate.
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance
- BA/BS Degree in appropriate field of research, including but not limited to toxicology, biology, environmental health, biochemistry, chemistry, microbiology, and biomedical sciences
- 2 years of experience