Leidos is currently seeking a full-time Fabrication Specialist to support the intramural human use research at the Naval Medical Research Unit Dayton, OH.
This role is contingent upon award.
The Fabrication Specialist shall perform the following duties:
- Assist equipment engineers with the integration, fabrication, modification and functional testing of complex research equipment.
- Conduct fabrication including the use of metal working tools and tasks such as riveting, shearing, bending, and welding.
- Operate forklift and pallet jack, rigging operations, and handling of gas bottles.
- Conduct operations and maintenance of fabrication equipment located in machine shop to include maintenance and repair of equipment, and ensuring proper use of equipment based on safety protocols.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance support for specialized research equipment and devices.
- Participate in engineering system design phases with other engineers and technical support personnel.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical deficiencies that arise during equipment start-up and operations.
Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 2 years of prior relevant experience.