Leidos is currently seeking a full-time Fabrication Specialist to support the intramural human use research at the Naval Medical Research Unit Dayton, OH.
This role is contingent upon award.
The Fabrication Specialist shall perform the following duties:
- Assist equipment engineers with the integration, fabrication, modification and functional testing of complex research equipment.
- Conduct fabrication including the use of metal working tools and tasks such as riveting, shearing, bending, and welding.
- Operate forklift and pallet jack, rigging operations, and handling of gas bottles.
- Conduct operations and maintenance of fabrication equipment located in machine shop to include maintenance and repair of equipment, and ensuring proper use of equipment based on safety protocols.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance support for specialized research equipment and devices.
- Participate in engineering system design phases with other engineers and technical support personnel.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical deficiencies that arise during equipment start-up and operations.
Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 2 years of prior relevant experience.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.