Leidos is seeking a Life Scientist II to support the intramural human use research at the Naval Medical Research Unit Dayton, OH. This role is contingent upon award.
The Life Scientist II shall assume an increased amount of responsibility, independence, and judgment beyond that of the Life Scientist I and perform the following duties:
- Work in collaboration with military and civilian researchers to design and conduct research in the areas of warfighter health and performance.
- Manage research data and perform statistical analyses.
- Supervise the activities of research assistants and provide training as necessary.
- Collaborate with principal investigators (PIs) and other research personnel on technical reports, abstracts, journal articles, and conference presentations.
- Report findings, outcomes, and recommendations to the fleet through formal meetings, presentations, briefings, and publications.
- Coordinate the activities of research assistants and provide training as necessary and/or appropriate.
- Must be able to obtain Secret Clearance.
- 4 years of experience and Bachelors Degree or 2 years ans MS Degree in appropriate field of research, including but not limited to toxicology, biology, environmental health, biochemistry, chemistry, microbiology, and biomedical sciences