Leidos is seeking a Life Scientist II to support the intramural human use research at the Naval Medical Research Unit Dayton, OH. This role is contingent upon award.
The Life Scientist II shall assume an increased amount of responsibility, independence, and judgment beyond that of the Life Scientist I and perform the following duties:
- Work in collaboration with military and civilian researchers to design and conduct research in the areas of warfighter health and performance.
- Manage research data and perform statistical analyses.
- Supervise the activities of research assistants and provide training as necessary.
- Collaborate with principal investigators (PIs) and other research personnel on technical reports, abstracts, journal articles, and conference presentations.
- Report findings, outcomes, and recommendations to the fleet through formal meetings, presentations, briefings, and publications.
- Coordinate the activities of research assistants and provide training as necessary and/or appropriate.
- Must be able to obtain Secret Clearance.
- 4 years of experience and Bachelors Degree or 2 years ans MS Degree in appropriate field of research, including but not limited to toxicology, biology, environmental health, biochemistry, chemistry, microbiology, and biomedical sciences
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.