The NISC III program within the Leidos Civil group is seeking an Environmental Occupational Health and Safety (EOSH) Professional with Fall Protection expertise to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC III) team.
In this role, you will be supporting the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Environmental Occupational Safety and Health (EOSH) Programs with the goal of mitigating organizational risks and assisting the FAA achieve an improved state of compliance with Occupational Safety and Health and Environmental Federal, State, and Local law(s).
In this role, you will be responsible for the creation, monitoring, tracking, interpreting, and presentation of various reports and data to all levels of FAA and NISC management.
Responsibilities for the position include the following:
- Project management and planning.
- Work place inspections.
- Training and reporting.
- Ensure all fall protection specifications are consistent with all applicable Federal, State, Local and Agency specific laws, regulations, and guidelines related to Fall Protection.
Note: Washington DC will be the base location for the position but it is possible to work anywhere in the United States (Virtual)
- Typically requires BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to classify and summarize EOSH data for the preparation and submission of reports on a recurring basis as needed.
- Ability to work at heights, successfully complete fall protection training, and achieve rescue level fall protection certification. -
- Ability to travel from 50% up to 75% of the time with possible weekends.
- Ability to work at heights and to safely lift 75 lbs.
- Solid analytical, planning and program assessment skills in the Environmental Occupational Health and Safety field.
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA, ANSI, EPA, and DOT regulations, practices, and/or protocols.
- Solid oral and written communication skills. Ability to create, interpret and present various EOSH related reports.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Prior DOT and/or FAA experience is desired.