Leidos is seeking an experienced Deputy Program Manager to support a federal customer within the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Security Operations Center (SOC) in Washington, D.C.
- Implement, manage, and review of all program controls required to meet and exceed program commitments for technical, schedule, cost, and quality performance
- Perform and direct project planning and scheduling, cost estimating and monitoring, and reporting required for all projects and performance requirements within the assigned Task Order functions
- Adapt proven and effective management practices to identify and mitigate risks.
- Establish standards, procedures, and best practices for consistent, repeatable project management across the program
- Manage project control personnel and direct the work of others
- In the absence of the Program Manager, act to commit resources and make decisions for Leidos in response to Government issues, concerns, or problems.
- Coordinate with contracts, finance, human resources, and procurement management functions.
- Perform hiring, supervision, and performance assessment as delegated by the Program Manager.
- Support process improvement and innovation.
- Support program reviews and briefings; identifies and reports on issues or related problems and potential risks.
- Manage and integrate the efforts of subcontractors, assuring flow-down and fulfillment of all contractual requirements.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Active Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related field and 8 years of prior relevant experience
- Active PMI PMP certification
- Active CISSP certification
- 4 years of experience as a program/project manager on medium sized contracts
- Experience serving as a program/project manager on performance-based contracts for the U.S. Government
- Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization and meeting with stakeholders to formulate, review, and execute task plans and deliverable items
- Experience presenting briefings to senior customer management, customer stakeholders, and company management
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Technical (hands-on) experience with Cybersecurity Auditing, FISMA compliance, NIST SP 800-53 controls and NIST SP 800-37 RMF
- Master's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related field
- 2 years' experience managing cost-type task orders and performance -based contracts
- Experience in network and cyber security design, engineering and operations
- Experience with Service Desk support and operations
- Experience implementing and managing large purchasing initiatives
- Experience with NIST SP 800 series or ISO 27000 series documents for information security management and risk assessment
- Understanding of DevOps/Agile concepts and processes