Leidos is seeking a Lfe Scientist III for a contingent effort to support the intramural human use research at the Naval Medical Research Unit Dayton, OH. This role is contingent upon award.
Life Scientist II and perform the following duties:
- Work in collaboration with military and civilian researchers to manage and conduct research in the areas of warfighter health and performance.
- Write grant proposals to compete for research funding.
- Lead execution of research projects by determining requirements, obtaining/developing necessary laboratory equipment and materials, developing and monitoring progress and financial plans, developing documentation and coordinating approval of related of human subjects use and/or animal use documents, and managing resources necessary to meet project goals.
- Prepare presentations, publications, and other products for non-research technical and general audiences.
- Report findings, outcomes, and recommendations to the fleet through formal meetings, presentations, briefings, and publications.
- Coordinate the activities of lower-level research personnel and provide training as necessary and/or appropriate.
- BA or BS/MA or MS Degree in appropriate field of research, including but not limited to toxicology, biology, environmental health, biochemistry, chemistry, microbiology, and biomedical sciences
- 8+ years of experience with BA/BS
- 6 years of experience with MS degree
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance