No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a Database in Paducah, KY. The Database Administrator will work independently with minimal supervision to develop, create, and modify all internal and external databases. Along with, maintaining all database application software or specialized utility programs in support of multiple DOE contractors at the Paducah site as well as the DOE site office.
- Identifies database requirements by interviewing customers; analyzing department applications, programming, and operations; evaluating existing systems and designing proposed systems.
- Recommends solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Installs revised or new systems by proposing specifications and flowcharts; recommending optimum access techniques; coordinating installation requirements.
- Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
- Prepares users by conducting training; providing information; resolving problems.
- Provides information by designing dynamic queries to answer questions and requests.
- Supports database functions by designing and coding utilities.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Understand the role of networking in cyber security.
- Assist cyber security team with incident handling and digital forensics.
General & Administrative:
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Understands and practices customer satisfaction as a top priority.
- Functions effectively in a team environment.
- Meets task and project deadlines under stressful situations.
- Other technical, cyber and general administrative duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during their "core" work hours. Overtime may be required as job demands.
- Completion of a B.A. or B.S. from an accredited university with emphasis in computer science AND three years directly applicable experience in areas listed in Essential Duties and Responsibilities OR a minimum of seven years equivalent experience in areas listed in Essential Duties and Responsibilities.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy security clearance.
- SQL Certification desired.
- MCSE Certification preferred.