The Global Security Services division at Leidos has an opening for a Linux System Administrator to work at one of our customer locations in Washington, DC. In this position, you will utilize your Linux experience to provide system installation, configuration, troubleshooting of our customer's case management systems.
System Administrators shall install, maintain, administer, upgrade, and configure Linux operating systems to include central authentication and authorization services; analyze stored data and make recommendations relating to performance and efficiency of that data storage; provide onsite architecture support, development, and administration of hardware and software; apply firmware patches and routine maintenance updates; troubleshoot system problems/issues with external stakeholders, determine root cause, and coordinate or implement resolution with other infrastructure teams; provide for critical incident response and problem management including root cause of system problems, such as configuration issues resulting in operational performance degradation or system outages, supporting the Government with information and advice on the necessary corrective actions and/or interim workarounds; work with key stakeholders to perform quality assurance functions in order to verify that proposed and implemented changes adhere to FBI quality standards; create/update/execute required documentation, e.g. scripts, reports; responsible for monitoring software upgrade requirements and ensuring compliance and compatibility with existing configurations; assist in the development of user and system administration documentation; assist in data migrations as necessary; and provide after hours and weekend support to address hardware and issues.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in Linux and Unix environments.
- Must have an active Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility.
- 3 years of experience in Windows environments
- 3 years of experience with DataPower
- 3 years of experience with ECM products, specifically Documentum
- 3 years of experience with IBM TIM/TAM other similar enterprise products
- 3 years of experience with requirements tracking products such as Team Foundation Server (TFS) and JIRA