The Civil Group of Leidos is seeking a Senior Business Development Manager to assist the Homeland Security Solutions business in pursuing profitable growth within USCG. This position will report directly to the BD VP for Homeland Security Solutions located in Reston, VA.
The BD Executive is responsible for leadership of creating and growing Leidos' business within USCG and the overall USCG market strategy. This BD leader must thrive in an environment where they are responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life-cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals.
This individual will be expected to identify gaps and emerging requirements, perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, design and execute formal customer engagement plans, and monitor competitor activity for each capture. Candidates at this level will work with capture to develop the overall win strategy and perform the associated marketing for growth opportunities. He/she will develop, organize and execute significant customer activities, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing USCG customers.
The candidate is expected to exercise sound judgment within broadly defined practices and policies; regularly interact with all levels of management, functional POCs, staff, and customers; and display a high degree of tact and diplomacy. Characteristics necessary for success include: business and technical vision; disciplined strategic thinking; analytical presentation and problem solving skills; the ability to gain internal support; and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
Perform market research to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budget, capabilities required, current customer preferences, competitive environment assessments, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses.
• Coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
• Drive all aspects of the opportunity pursuits successfully through the Win Plan process.
• Serve Division Managers and Operation senior staff as the lead for call plan development and execution, and provide detailed reports on follow up activities after plan execution.
• Plan and participate in capture activities, to include opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, collaboration sessions, and proposal reviews.
• Interact routinely with all levels of Division, Operation and Group management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers, and follow through on tasking.
• Brief opportunity status to senior management at specified milestones in the capture process, when material changes occur and as needed.
• Conduct after action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field and 15+ years of related experience.
• Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
• This role requires that the successful candidate have a proven track record of winning large scale opportunities over $100M.
• Travel as required, based on negotiated work location, up to 10% per month.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
• Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports.
• Demonstrated relationships and access to key government customers.
• Experience with federal government budget, investments and acquisition processes.
• Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos.
• Secret clearance is a plus.
* Knowledge of additional DHS components outside of USCG is also a plus.