The Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos, has an opening for a F5 Load Balancing Engineer (Subject Matter Expert) on the Operations Engineering team at Scott AFB, IL.
Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a program within the Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos, has an opening for a Network Engineer. The Defense Information Systems Agency - Central (DISA Global) is located at Scott AFB, IL and acts as provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations. The Network Engineer will provide support to the Operational Engineering Division as a member of the JRSS and IP Operation Engineering team.
This F5 Load Balancing Engineer role will support the GSM-O program providing sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the operations engineering team. This team works in a performance-based environment where our performance is based on Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALP).
- Research, design, build, test, deploy, analyze, administer, and maintain the enterprise F5 network environments (hardware, software, and configuration components)
- Maintain the F5 Big-IP Viprions with vCMP and LTM utilizing route domains and partitions
- Review and provide recommendations to improve the F5 solution
- Design and develop processes and documentation for lower level technicians. Direct junior technicians/engineers as needed to complete projects.
- Perform reach back to OEM Vendors to de-conflict operational issues with known operating system bugs and security alerts
- Troubleshoot, configure, upgrade, maintain and monitor the F5 Big-IP load balancer network architecture
- Develop Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs)/Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for troubleshooting and quickly identifying issues
- Analyze network alarms and identify sources
- Troubleshoot F5 configuration issues
- Troubleshoot traffic through the F5s
- Troubleshoot application monitors
- Bachelor's degree with 4-8 years of overall related experience; additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree
- Must hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, or equivalent) prior to start date
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance
- Ability to perform after hours on-call duties as required of the program
- Experience with the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, LAN maintenance, performance management
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP, IP routing, LAN and WAN protocols, BGP, campus and data center switching, and load balancing focusing on Cisco and F5 solutions
- Expertise with of the following devices/vendors: PaloAlto Firewalls, CISCO, Juniper, A10, LTM, and F5
- Experience with Application Partitions, Route Domains & vCMP on Viprion and appliance platforms
- F5 experience must include: LTM, vCMP, tmsh, partition & route domains
External Referral Eligible