Leidos' Defense Group has an immediate opening for a talented Red Hat Engineer to be a key member of a team supporting DoD ABIS in Fairmont, West Virginia.
This is an information technology system that supports identity superiority by providing the critical capability for warfighters to identify known or suspected terrorists and third country nationals in the course of military operations. DoD ABIS is the authoritative biometrics enterprise system that provides matching, sharing and storing of biometrics data. The capability can receive multi-modal biometrics submissions to include iris, face, palm and finger prints from biometrics collection devices, which will support the warfighter in making, retain, capture, or release decisions. By providing access and responding to requests the system has a direct impact on the availability of critical intelligence information that is of vital interest to DoD and other government agencies.
The roll will include providing technical expertise, support, guidance, and recommendations to design, deploy and support solutions for the Linux environment. This engineer should be well versed in Red Hat products, network configuration, troubleshooting, and patching, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), and server configuration.
- Design and implement solutions for integration within client environments for various Red Hat products such as IdM (Identity Management), Satellite, RHV (Red Hat Virtualization), RHDS (Red Hat Directory Server), Ceph, etc.
- Systems documentation, systems performance monitoring, systems availability monitoring, system troubleshooting, and patching.
- Perform system vulnerability management and remediation of systems.
- Works independently on larger, moderately complex projects/assignments.
- Perform DISA STIGS on applicable systems.
- Develops solutions to technical problems that require depth of technical knowledge, but are typically limited in complexity.
- Interface and coordinate with other teams and external users/organizations to design engineering solutions.
- Satellite system management automation to deploy, scale and manage Red Hat infrastructure across physical and virtual environments.
- Demonstrated experience with server configuration management (infrastructure automation) tools (i.e. - Ansible, Puppet)
- Experience supporting enterprise server hardware (Dell or HP)
- Experience with AWS cloud services and automation
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Active DoD Secret or Top Secret Security Clearance
- Must possess demonstrable expertise in the Linux operating system (the majority of our products run on Enterprise Linux, either RHEL or CentOS) or Network engineering Certifications: Expertise in AWS Cloud Environments