Leidos is seeking a Scientist III to support the Naval Medical Research Unit Dayton, OH. This role is contingent upon award.
The contractor shall perform the following duties:
- Identify Navy-relevant topics in the areas of warfighter health and performance and write research pre-proposals, research protocols, formal technical reports, and journal publications addressing the above topics.
- Lead, design, and conduct multi-disciplinary scientific research focusing on health and performance.
- Lead execution of research projects by determining requirements, obtaining/developing necessary laboratory equipment and materials, developing and monitoring progress and financial plans, developing documentation and coordinating approval of related of human subjects use and/or animal use documents, and managing resources necessary to meet project goals.
- Prepare presentations, publications, and other products for non-research technical and general audiences.
- Report findings, outcomes, and recommendations to the fleet through formal meetings, presentations, briefings, and publications.
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance
- Requires Masters with 15 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 16 years of prior relevant experience.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.