Leidos is seeking a Scientist III to support the Naval Medical Research Unit Dayton, OH. This role is contingent upon award.
The contractor shall perform the following duties:
- Identify Navy-relevant topics in the areas of warfighter health and performance and write research pre-proposals, research protocols, formal technical reports, and journal publications addressing the above topics.
- Lead, design, and conduct multi-disciplinary scientific research focusing on health and performance.
- Lead execution of research projects by determining requirements, obtaining/developing necessary laboratory equipment and materials, developing and monitoring progress and financial plans, developing documentation and coordinating approval of related of human subjects use and/or animal use documents, and managing resources necessary to meet project goals.
- Prepare presentations, publications, and other products for non-research technical and general audiences.
- Report findings, outcomes, and recommendations to the fleet through formal meetings, presentations, briefings, and publications.
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance
- Requires Masters with 15 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 16 years of prior relevant experience.