Leidos is seeking a Research Physiologist II to support the Naval Medical Research Unit Dayton, OH. This role is contingent upon award.
The contractor shall perform the following duties:
- Design and conduct scientific physiological research focusing on health and performance, including responses to exposure to chemicals, extreme environmental conditions, such as temperature, humidity, altitude, vibrations, and noise, and/or physical demand.
- Utilize human and animal models to evaluate the short- and long-term health and performance effects of acute and chronic exposure to chemicals, environmental stressors and/or physical demand.
- Assist other investigators in the design and execution of research protocols on physiology and performance issues of interest to the Navy.
- Collect physiology and behavior data from human and/or animal subjects, such as pulmonary endpoints, EKG/heart rate, and performance measures.
- Operate and maintain standard and specialized laboratory equipment with regard to assessing physiological function and health effects following exposure.
- Develop (and/or assist in the development) technical reports, presentations, and publications.
- Prepare (and/or assist in the preparation) of proposal applications for other toxicological, physiological, psychological, medical, and performance studies.
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 years or prior relevant experience. 7 years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance