Leidos is seeking a Research Physiologist II to support the Naval Medical Research Unit Dayton, OH. This role is contingent upon award.
The contractor shall perform the following duties:
- Design and conduct scientific physiological research focusing on health and performance, including responses to exposure to chemicals, extreme environmental conditions, such as temperature, humidity, altitude, vibrations, and noise, and/or physical demand.
- Utilize human and animal models to evaluate the short- and long-term health and performance effects of acute and chronic exposure to chemicals, environmental stressors and/or physical demand.
- Assist other investigators in the design and execution of research protocols on physiology and performance issues of interest to the Navy.
- Collect physiology and behavior data from human and/or animal subjects, such as pulmonary endpoints, EKG/heart rate, and performance measures.
- Operate and maintain standard and specialized laboratory equipment with regard to assessing physiological function and health effects following exposure.
- Develop (and/or assist in the development) technical reports, presentations, and publications.
- Prepare (and/or assist in the preparation) of proposal applications for other toxicological, physiological, psychological, medical, and performance studies.
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 years or prior relevant experience. 7 years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.