Leidos is seeking a Buyer III located in our Oak Ridge, Tennessee facility. The Buyer III is responsible for the procurement of software, software maintenance, goods and services, company-wide.
The Buyer III is responsible for:
- The development and negotiation of favorable prices, terms, schedules and other provisions of purchase orders and acquisition contracts, ensuring consistency with client requirements and procurement policies/procedures with minimal guidance.
- Purchase order administration/file maintenance, closeout for all procurement related activities and supplier customer management.
- Creating complex solicitations, supporting proposals, conducting complex price and cost analysis, negotiating price/cost and price/cost-related terms and other subcontract provisions. Procurement of moderate complexity and risk and moderately complex price analysis.
- Confers with suppliers and analyzes suppliers' operations to determine factors that affect prices and determines lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules.
- Reviews proposals, and selects or recommends suppliers based on gathered information.
- May also recommend improvements to procurement processes and procedures.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree coupled with 2+ year's business experience; OR an Associate's degree coupled with 4+ year's business experience; OR a HS Diploma coupled with 6+ years of business experience.
- Prior experience buying software and or tangible goods is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation desired.
- CostPoint experience preferred.