The Defense Group has a current opening for a Software Developer for Cloud Migration in the Northern VA area.. The program is structured utilizing DevOps and Agile principles. These software development methods emphasize communication, collaboration (information sharing and web service usage), integration, automation, and measurement of cooperation between software developers and other IT professionals.
- As a member of the Software Development Team, the selected individual will be required to be part of an agile scrum team and be knowledgeable in the technologies described below. As a member of the ASP Framework Services Team, the selected individual will be responsible for:
- Troubleshooting Java applications as they interact with Weblogic and Tomcat.
- Providing continuous environment support to development, test, and operational environments to include application deployments.
- Creating installation / monitoring scripts to streamline software deployment
- Installing COTS/GOTS and custom software.
- Developing Web and UNIX/Windows engineering tools.
- Developed automated tests for complex mission threads.
- Create and troubleshoot Chef Recipes.
- Plans, conducts, and coordinates agile software development activities.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems or questions in computer language for solutions by means of data processing equipment.
- Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle.
- Applies knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter to be programmed in business/mission applications, information processing techniques used, and information gathered from system users to develop software.
- Corrects program errors, prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls.
- Ensures software standards are met.
- Bachelor's degrees from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree. Considered career, or journey, level.
- Experience with agile development practices and associated tools (i.e., Version One). • Experience with COTS integration with the following tools: Elastic Search, Kibana, Hadoop, and Docker.
- Experience with the deployment architecture (Conductor, Jenkins, CMDB, Storm, Kafka, Zookeeper, Consul, CHEF) The candidate must have a current government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- Experience with Ozone Widget Framework (OWF) development & integration experience. Program development processes, Agile practices, GIMS architecture, BPEL, Oracle Weblogic Application Server or comparable app server, Database (Oracle), ANT, Crystal Reports, CSS, Java Server Faces or AJAX, XSLT, UNIX/LINUX OS, PL/SQL query development, HTML, CSS, DODAF, Selenium