Leidos is seeking a Research Chemist II to support the Naval Medical Research Unit Dayton, OH. This role is contingent upon award. shall perform the following duties:
- Lead and perform method development for analytical and extraction techniques to detect and quantify chemicals and their metabolites, metals, proteins and small molecules in various tissues or environmental samples.
- Contribute to the design and execution of scientific research on the responses to exposure to chemicals/mixtures, extreme environmental hazards or stressors, to include temperature, humidity, altitude, vibrations, and noise, and/or physical demand.
- Collect data from environmental samples, animal subjects, and cell/tissue models and support research projects requiring analytical endpoints.
- Operate and maintain standard and specialized analytical equipment.
- Develop (and/or assist in the development) of technical reports, presentations, and publications.
- Prepare (and/or assist in the preparation) of proposal applications for other toxicological, physiological, psychological, medical, and performance studies.
- Requires BS degree and 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.