Leidos is seeking a Research Chemist II to support the Naval Medical Research Unit Dayton, OH. This role is contingent upon award. shall perform the following duties:
- Lead and perform method development for analytical and extraction techniques to detect and quantify chemicals and their metabolites, metals, proteins and small molecules in various tissues or environmental samples.
- Contribute to the design and execution of scientific research on the responses to exposure to chemicals/mixtures, extreme environmental hazards or stressors, to include temperature, humidity, altitude, vibrations, and noise, and/or physical demand.
- Collect data from environmental samples, animal subjects, and cell/tissue models and support research projects requiring analytical endpoints.
- Operate and maintain standard and specialized analytical equipment.
- Develop (and/or assist in the development) of technical reports, presentations, and publications.
- Prepare (and/or assist in the preparation) of proposal applications for other toxicological, physiological, psychological, medical, and performance studies.
- Requires BS degree and 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance