The Defense Group has a current opening for a Cloud Architect in the Northern VA area. This program is migrating to the Cloud. They are standing up a new Cloud environment and looking for the expertise to migrate and maintain applications.
Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled mission focus and data driven content to operations around the world. This individual will work closely with various project owners and the Senior Program Manager to drive digital and mission transformational initiatives. Primary responsibilities include enterprise roadmaps and strategy, technology insertion, customer and user experience assessment and architectural and CONOPS development
- Work with stakeholders to drive strategy, facilitate collaboration and deliver strategic planning artifacts to feed the strategic planning process.
- Deliver white papers and strategy presentations as needed.
- Work with commercial partners to align strategy to marketplace strategy. Hold and contribute to strategic planning forums and customer strategic planning initiatives.
- Communicate at Tradeshows and forums, strategic initiatives, and delivers messaging to drive strategic thought.
- Lead architecture team to develop and deliver strategic, value-driven, and solution architectures.
- Deliver solution architectures to execution teams, communicating their value and ensuring implementation viability and success
- Chair and contribute to Architecture board to ensure solutions are built in line with architecture and architectures are aligned to business and mission outcomes.
- Build and maintain technology roadmaps ensuring due diligence and a realistic implementation path.
- Drive experiments to evaluate new technologies and methodologies to accelerate project delivery.
- Deliver timely, effective, easily understandable, concise technical studies and market research.
- Solution Engineering
- Develop solutions for AZURE cloud service standup, burn-in and sustainment activities. Work closely with the engineering team to implement solutions to cloud and data services requirements.
- Assist in triage of other projects/programs and makes technical recommendations to senior-level leadership.
- Utilize highly developed communication skills to achieve stated business outcomes. Effectively execute on strategic communications on current and future technology initiatives.
- Communicate strategy and technology with senior stakeholders, leadership and executives.
- Ensure regular, effective communication happens with team members and cross-functional resources.
- Leadership / Guidance in Technology Insertion/Delivery
- Serve as leader and subject matter expert in cloud, data analytics, and DevOps technology.
- Provide training and customer technical workshops to drive technology adoption and active customer engagement and participation. Build collaborative forums to seek forward thinking solutions and anticipate and drive positive change.
- Requires Masters with 15 - 20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13 - 16 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience delivery of cloud solutions for DoD customers
- Specific hands-on experience with Microsoft AZURE Cloud architecture
- Significant demonstrated understanding of modern software development and infrastructure tools, processes and practices, including Agile Development, Cloud, and DevOps
- Proficiency with a wide range of technology tools, including communications software (social media, email, VTC), standard Office tools, and project management tools
- Business/Mission Architecture expertise with one or more of the following models (DoDAF, TOGAF, SABSA, etc.)
- Currently possess a DoD Secret security clearance or higher
- Agile Scrum master certification and expertise.
- External Referral Eligible