The Defense and Intelligence Group (GSG) at Leidos has multiple openings for a Russian linguist to support a Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) contract for the Office of Counterintelligence.
All candidates must possess a Top Secret security clearance and be SCI eligible. Must be willing to take and able to pass a CI scope polygraph. Work will be performed in a fast-paced, high-energy environment inside a government facility.
We are seeking a skilled linguists who have excellent translation, research, and analytic skills. The linguist' responsibilities include:
• Provide written translation of technical and non-technical data
• Write gists and summaries of materials
• Conduct open source research
• Write reports in English
• Respond to requests for information
The ideal candidate:
Meet provide proof that they meet the minimum language proficiency requirements (within the past 12 months) as defined by the Interagency Language Roundtable scale:
o Russian Language Requirements: 3/3 in reading and listening
o English Language Requirements: 3/3/3/3 in reading, writing, listening, and speaking
o Must have experience in counterintelligence, open source intelligence, counterterrorism, and/or intelligence analysis.
Must be capable of:
o Providing written translations of technical and non-technical material using correct syntax and expression from the native language to English.
o Conducting target language open source research and compiling research findings into comprehensive reports in support of specific intelligence requirements.
o Providing the cultural, social, and ethnic context of translations and be able to convey this information in a written format which may include gisting or screening of the total content.
o Working cooperatively as a team member
o Working independently with minimal or no oversight
• Must have good interpersonal skills and ability to interact with personnel from diverse cultures. Proficiency with MS Office applications
- BA degree and/or 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience..
- Possess a Top Secret clearance with an active SCI and CI polygraph
- Be proficient with IC analytic tools, preferred