Provide research, analysis and development support to the CD Intelligence Branch and its mission. Such activities include the extensive research, bulk data entry and exploitation. Additional activities include contributions to the generation of intelligence products to inform executives and the US Intelligence Community traditional and non-traditional foreign intelligence threats.
• Conduct extensive, comprehensive research and basic analysis on high priority counterintelligence threats;
• Review FBI reporting and raw data to identify information of interest upon instruction;
• Conduct research via FBI, USIC and open source tools to obtain information that would assist in the intelligence analysis and production relating to highly prioritized counterintelligence threats;
• Provide assistance with media uploading as well as data entry and exploitation;
• Enter raw data collected through FBI investigations into FBI systems and analytic tools such as Palantir as well as Microsoft suite tools;
• Assist in exploiting and manipulating the bulk data for the purposes of analyzing trends and patterns;
• Provide specialized support including but not limited to, identifying, categorizing or appropriately tagging large quantities of counterintelligence information in Palantir or other FBI tools/databases;
• Conduct basic travel and communication analysis on subjects of interest and track the activities of these targets;
• Shall conduct name checks through the utilization of FBI databases such as Sentinel, Automated Case Support (ACS), Data Integration and Visualization System (DIVS);
• Process historic and current investigative and intelligence information in paper and varying electronic formats; and
• Scan, clean, format, and upload information to standalone and networked databases of varying types and sensitivities and as appropriate.
• Minimum five (5) years of analyzing intelligence in the USIC.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
• Subject matter expertise on priority national security targets as they pertain to the USIC.
• Significant experience in using a wide variety of analytical techniques used to determine and communicate trends and patterns, fill gaps in information and project events, identify anomalies, ascribe meaning to events or information from disparate sources, and develop defensible judgments and conclusions based on accepted research and analytical methodologies.
• Experience with software applications such as Microsoft Access, Excel, Power Point, and Word.
• Experience with public source databases such as Accurint, Lexis Nexis, and Blooomberg.
• Experience with analytical tools such as Palintir
• US citizenship is required.
• Ability to pass a polygraph examination if a successful CI polygraph has not been recorded within the past five (5) years.
• Substantial knowledge of the intelligence and investigative programs' operations, procedures, techniques, and terminology of the entire Intelligence Community; the proper development and presentation of information; and the proper fulfillment of related information needs and responsibilities.
• Substantial knowledge of the Intelligence Community resources and a master in acquiring information from intelligence sources to ensure that the information developed is complete, and, where possible, corroborated for accuracy.
• Highly-developed skill in oral and written communication to provide information, expert advice, and guidance; persuade others to consider recommendations made/argue a position; and abstract concepts and facts clearly and effectively to share with various entities of the intelligence community.
• Knowledge of and/or experience in the utilization of pre-existing FBI databases and systems to include Palantir, DaLAS, DIVS, etc. If the contractor has little to no experience in the utilization of these systems, the contractor shall have the capability to be trained;
• Mid- to upper mid-level computer skills to include familiarity with a variety of computer media and file types, document scanning and "cleanup", Optical Care Recognition (OCR), PDF conversion, Excel;
• Familiarity with counterintelligence, intelligence or international affairs;
• Detail-oriented and be able to identify information of interest upon instruction;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; and
• Foreign language skills, particularly Russian or Chinese, beneficial.