1) Plans, schedules, and directs preparation of software to process data and solve problems by use of COTS and custom written software: Consults with management and other team to clarify software intent, identify problems, suggest changes, and determine extent of programming and coding required.
2) Reviews work of programming personnel. Conducts code reviews, peer reviews, and audits of the software baseline
3) Develops software from designs, considering factors, such as infrastructure capacity and speed, capabilities of peripheral equipment, and intended use of output data.
4) Revises or directs revision of existing software to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
5) Compiles documentation of software development and subsequent revisions.
6) Trains other team members in program software processes and techniques.
7) An expert in root cause analysis and problem identification of large scale software systems.
8) Collaborates with external Leidos engineering resources and vendors to integrate new frameworks and technologies
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar discipline required.
• 15+ years of overall development experience.
• 6+ years of Java development experience in a Linux environment.
2+ years of Agile software development experience
• 1+ years of Ruby experience.
• Experience at least four of the following:
o Relational databases (Oracle/PostgreSQL),
o Web services,
o Mule or comparable Enterprise Service Bus,
o Spring Framework
o Familiarity with Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Confluence, Crucible, Fisheye),
o Sonar Desired Qualifications
• Master's degree in Computer Science or similar discipline.
• AWS experience
• AWS certification
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.