Leidos Airborne Solutions Operations has an opening located in Manassas Regional Airport, Manassas, Virginia with the rapidly growing Airborne Reconnaissance Low-Enhanced program (ARL-E). This position requires logistical development and implementation of a program process for execution of repairs for both Government Furnished Equipment and Contractor Acquired Property to ensure maximum operational readiness of a highly advanced ISR platform operating out of multiple geographic locations, in both CONUS and OCONUS theaters.
The Sr. Maintenance/Logistical Support Specialist will develop and implement standard procedures and processes to ensure the highest mission readiness rates are efficiently achieved. The applicant will track repair actions within Leidos repair facilities/teams and externally to Original Equipment Manufacturers through Maintenance Work Order, Return Merchandise Authorization and warranty management practices. The selected candidate will interact with Field Service Representatives on equipment faults and Program Test and Integration Leads to ensure repairs and tests of equipment are completed in an expeditious manner and provide the Program Manager reports as directed. As a function of this position, the selected candidate will oversee the RMA and warranty management process in order to forecast adequate sparring of Mission Equipment Payload material.
- Work independently in the development of a Lifecycle/Warranty Standard Operating Procedure that will greatly enhance the programs day to day success.
- Provide accurate and timely deliverables to Program Management and the Government of statusing of all related RMAs, Warranties along with sparring recommendations based on updated Mean Time Between Failure data.
- Implement and maintain a Warranty Management process to ensure Beyond Economic Repair calculations are used to determine validity and cost effectiveness of existing warranties.
- Coordinate with Leidos Logistics Asset Managers, vendors and applicable Operator Equipment Manufacturers to maintain adequate sparring levels of required material as it relates to mission equipment
- Demonstrate knowledge in all aspects of aviation logistics and subcontractor support
- Effectively communicate with Program Management and the customer on contractual program matters as it relates to the ARL-E program
- Assist the Fleet Manager with developing, implementing and execution of maintenance activity process for a complex Mission Sensor Array system
- Enforce and comply with DCMA 8210 standards, interact with GFR and GGFR as required to ensure compliance with all policies and procedures
- Implement and maintain the MEP maintenance reporting system
- Manage technical projects / high priority operational tasks in conjunction with other responsibilities
- Maintains appropriate liaison with suppliers/vendors, local, state and federal oversight agencies and purchases of services
- Provides guidance to subordinate employees and peers when appropriate, collaborating and cooperating with other members of the management team
- Bachelor's degree in Aviation Maintenance or related field from an accredited institution and a minimum of four (4) years of related experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Prior Aviation Maintenance Practical and production control experience
- Knowledge of advance computer based components, specifically Hardware and Software items to ensure correct application of warranty processes are applied.
- Prior knowledge of warranty programs and requirements.
- Familiar with US Army Aviation logistics, doctrine and programs
- DOD active Secret Clearance
- Prior experience writing reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Thorough knowledge and demonstrated expertise in software packages such as; Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Project. Other databases sufficient to perform the job, duties, and tasks associated with the position
- Familiarity with U.S. Government regulations for federal contractors and FAA Maintenance programs
- Self-starter, solutions minded person
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A minimum of two (2) or more years of supervisory or team lead experience
- Prior experience utilizing aviation management software tools to generate reports