No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
The Leidos ESA IV program has an opening for a Technical Writer supporting one of our Federal customers on-site in Washington DC. Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager, the Technical Writer will assist or will be responsible for the design, creation and publication of technical documents including user manuals, installation guides, specifications, quick starts, and tutorials for a variety of products and services.
- Works with a variety of technical engineering teams to translate complex technical information into documents such as user manuals, installation guides, specifications, quick starts and tutorials for a variety of products and services
- Coordinates as needed with various interdepartmental teams
- Organizes assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology
- Coordinates the display of related graphics and/or utilizes supplemental images, drawings, diagrams to illustrate material
- Maintains adherence to project schedules and target dates
- Follows established processes & procedures
- Continuously increases knowledge of products and services, including new organization initiatives and related new products
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience
- Working knowledge of desktop publishing and common authoring tools such as Adobe Acrobat and MS Office applications
- Broad technical interest and understanding of basic technical terminology
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and translate them into clear, easy-to-understand content
- Ability to proactively communicate the status of information resources to a range of content stakeholders
- Strong general communication skills (interoffice, phone, email)
- Basic understanding of team processes and workflows is required
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism or Engineering
- 2+ years' experience in technical writing
Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer's information. US Citizenship is required. Current clearance is not required, but selected individual cannot start the assignment until the required security clearance is granted by the customer.