Are you smart, versatile, and resourceful? Do enjoy the rush of working on concept design, analysis, detailed design, prototype development, lab testing, and field testing?
If so we are looking for you, our next Materials Scientist to work in San Diego, CA (only 15 minutes from the beach)! Be part of a small team to interface with Customers and End Users to tackle their most stressing Materials challenges. You will be an integral part of an energetic, highly-engaged small team where there are many overlapping roles and opportunities for cross-over skillsets to develop and contribute across a range of technologies. We know you'll take great pride in applying theory and technical creativity to rapidly develop impactful solutions.
Our Materials Scientist will be doing these fun things with us:
- Research and development of novel materials incorporating thin conductive films and/or transparent conductive meshes.
- Work with all aspects of the novel materials design cycle; from concept design, requirements definition, multidiscipline trade studies and analysis, to detailed engineering design, up to prototype fabrication and testing
To be successful in this role you must have the following:
- Ph.D. in EM, Physics, or Photonics [or expected Ph.D. completion within 6 months]
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance
- Must have experience in the design and development of materials incorporating thin conductive meshes
- Must have experience or training in additive manufacturing
- Must have experience using MATLAB, SolidWorks, and Ansys HFSS
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Must have excellent problem solving skills, and must be meticulous, organized, responsible, and self-motivated with a can-do attitude
- Must thrive in fast-paced environment
If you have these skills you will wow us even more:
- C++ experience
- 3D printing experience
- Clean room trained
- CNC milling experience
External Referral Eligible