Leidos has an immediate opening for a Unix System Administrator to support the design, development and deployment of products, tools and capabilities. The Unix Administrator performs DevOps and System Administration tasks on a customer's system that supports mission needs and coordination requirements. This individual will work in a team environment and coordinate with appropriate elements to effectively meet design, development, deployment, and monitoring/securing objectives.
• Design, build and deploy applications in a hardened enterprise Unix environment (RHEL/CentOS).
• Review and compare multiple platform options for applications and collaborating with specific teams to choose an appropriate platform.
• Design and implement a tool set that simplify provisioning and support of a large enterprise Unix environment.
• Plan, configure and implement features on the Unix platform that enhance availability, response time, and monitoring of key system metrics.
• Strong foundation of knowledge around AWS cloud services and the cloud ecosystem.
• 5-10 years of experience managing distributed systems software such as Hadoop, Kafka, Elastic Search, or Spark.
• Subject matter expert with Hadoop packages (Yarn and Distro)
• Scripting/Automation with Puppet
• Troubleshooting issues in a growing environment
• Experience with server patch management methodologies
• Domain and expert technical knowledge.
• Experience with Puppet.
Typically requires BS Degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Master and 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
TS/SCI with Poly required for Position