Leidos has an immediate opening for a Unix System Administrator to support the design, development and deployment of products, tools and capabilities. The Unix Administrator performs DevOps and System Administration tasks on a customer's system that supports mission needs and coordination requirements. This individual will work in a team environment and coordinate with appropriate elements to effectively meet design, development, deployment, and monitoring/securing objectives.
• Design, build and deploy applications in a hardened enterprise Unix environment (RHEL/CentOS).
• Review and compare multiple platform options for applications and collaborating with specific teams to choose an appropriate platform.
• Design and implement a tool set that simplify provisioning and support of a large enterprise Unix environment.
• Plan, configure and implement features on the Unix platform that enhance availability, response time, and monitoring of key system metrics.
• Strong foundation of knowledge around AWS cloud services and the cloud ecosystem.
• 5-10 years of experience managing distributed systems software such as Hadoop, Kafka, Elastic Search, or Spark.
• Subject matter expert with Hadoop packages (Yarn and Distro)
• Scripting/Automation with Puppet
• Troubleshooting issues in a growing environment
• Experience with server patch management methodologies
• Domain and expert technical knowledge.
• Experience with Puppet.
Typically requires BS Degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Master and 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
TS/SCI with Poly required for Position
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.