Leidos is preparing to help the Air Force solve some of their most challenging problems by providing fast paced innovative development planning and experimentation campaigns to research solutions across the entire space of doctrine, organization, training, material, leadership & education, personnel, facilities and policy (DOTMLPF-P). These evaluations will inform AF leaders where to make force changes and apply their limited resources to fill known capability gaps. The Leidos capability analyst will work independently as a capability analysis team lead or part of a larger functional team to perform strategic analysis to identify and recommend capability development activities across the DOTMPLF-P spectrum.
• Identify technologies and concepts that address high priority AF requirements
• Conduct extensive literature reviews of doctrine, concepts, experimentation reports and capability white papers
• Summarize research results in information papers and presentations, suitable for senior leader use
• Conduct gap analysis, including problem statement development, capability requirement development, baselining, state-of-the-art literature review to identify current and emerging technologies, risk assessment, and gap prioritization based on AF initiatives and strategy
• Analyze the results of research and engagement activities, and propose actions to inform and aid execution of a experimentation strategy
• Support the development of experimentation documents including: flight plans, experimentation campaign plans, and study plans to answer materiel and non-materiel questions.
• Assess proposed and developed materiel and non-materiel solutions across the DOTMPLF-P spectrum for their contribution to closing capability gaps
• Plan and execute experimentation workshops related to DOTMLPF-P analysis, gaps, and potential solutions
• Plan and execute information workshops bringing together experts to discuss innovation trends
• Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in information systems, computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, aerospace engineering, math, physics, statistics or related field.
• Familiarity with supporting DoD programs
• Experience conducting full spectrum, materiel and non-materiel DOTMPLF-P analysis, to include concept development and gap analysis
• SECRET clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI
• MS degree in a related technical field.
• Experience in a DoD battle lab or experimentation analysis center
• Experience coordinating and conducting small to large scale technical experiments or workshops
• Completion of a service or joint level capability developers training course
• Existing TS/SCI Clearance