Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of data center services to our CMS customers and is structured around both current and legacy platforms in a consumption-based services model. We are looking to add skilled, energetic leaders and technologist who believe in cross functional teams, exhibit broad-based skills, maintain a customer-focused mindset, and have a willingness to step out of their work stream to get the job done.
With a "no downtime, zero outages" vision and mantra, we support a range of data center needs ranging from self-service to white-glove services, all of which are based on our customer's required level of support. Our organization is comprised of a team supporting PMO, Security, Quality, Intake, Service Delivery, Engineering, and Service Operations. With these teams access resources from our functional teams supporting Network, Security, Firewall, z/OS and z/VM operations, Unix Operations, Change Management, Monitoring, Capacity Management, x86 Operations, and Storage Operations. Part of everyone's responsibility is to help drive the new consumption-based services oriented model.
Now to you - your mission, if you choose to accept it as a Cloud x86 Systems Administrator , will require you to be part of a Cloud Operations Team providing technical expertise, training and support for all aspects of Windows and VMware infrastructure to include administration and implementation of Vmware Vcenter, Vsphere 6.x.. This will include administration and migration activities to AWS. Candidate must also be capable of maintaining various hardware platforms to include HP, DELL and Cisco bladeframes as well as rack-mount servers. Knowledge in administering HP/DELL Bladeframe Network and SAN Connectivity and troubleshooting. Must be able to build, maintain and troubleshoot hosting environment from hardware and hypervisor configuration and setup to maintaining virtual machines (X86 Win/RHEL), as well as be able to proactively monitor and detect potential issues that may impact performance on both hypervisors, physical and virtual servers. Administer and monitor changes to the Active Directory to include domain promotions and schema updates, Organization Unit structure, Group Policy management, DHCP, DNS and access controls. Powershell scripting for operational information retrieval and custom requests is also desired. Candidate must have ability to independently tackle operational problems, develop solutions, or makes recommendations to resolve wide range of complex or difficult problems for both internal/external customers including vendors. Candidate may need to give presentations from time to time and often this entails producing well written technical documents specific to the customer's environment and objectives. The Engineer must be able to speak clearly and communicate effectively (both written and verbally) with a customer's Technical staff as well as Senior Management. Your goal will be to work with all stakeholders to help Leidos ensure delivery of high-quality operational support management with minimal business impact.
- Support enterprise hosting technologies to include Vmware and public cloud AWS.
- Respond quickly and collaborate with team for all Windows and VMware operational issues.
- Quickly adapt, maintain and support as well as train operational staff on new engineering technologies emerging from Cloud Engineering team.
- Collaborate in weekly meetings with Cloud engineering team, take action and provide status updates on ongoing operational projects.
- Resolve highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation.
Management Responsibilities: None
- Ability to troubleshoot Windows O/S, collect performance data and review event logs to determine root cause of various problem that come up with Application servers.
- Experience with Windows and VMware technologies: Vsphere, Vcenter.
- Ability to administer AWS Cloud environment..
- Experience maintaining Disaster Recovery infrastructure to include Cloud based workloads.
- Experience with configuration management of Cloud based resources.
- Solid understanding of standard client/server, networking, TCP/IP, and internet fundamentals.
- Ability to work and manage project independently.
- Ability to train other staff members on latest technologies.
- Good - Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage conflict effectively.
- Ability to adapt and be productive in a dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
- Self-starter, self-managed, and a team player.
- Ability to write script in an Administrative Language (PowerShell, Pyton, Ruby, or Shell).
- Ability to maintain and troubleshoot x86 workloads (Wintel and RHEL)
- Ability to create powershell scripts for custom operational needs
- Agile-based knowledge and skill.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science or equivalent. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 4-8 years of prior relevant experience
- Microsoft based certifications
- Red hat Linux Based certification
- Vmware certification
- AWS Solutions Architect Certification
- Ability to obtain a Public trust clearance
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.