The Defense group at Leidos is looking for a Hardware Engineer to join their team and work in Norfolk, VA.
The candidate will be a member of the engineering team responsible for the technical planning, system integration, verification/validation and support for total systems prior to being deployed to the production network. Supports equipment and applications in a Microsoft Windows environment, from design through implementation. Performs a wide variety of installation, configuration and upgrading of workstations, servers and related hardware and software in a LAN, WAN and stand-alone environment. Provides investigation, diagnostic testing and repair/resolution of system, hardware, software and infrastructure.
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies and services
- Build, configure and test bare metal blade server hardware for installing to server rack enclosures.
- Install, Storage SAN Fabric and test connectivity and proper data transfer.
- Install, configure, and test server image for deployment to VCenter/VSphere server environment.
- Implement configure and test DoD STIG settings prior to server deployment to production operations.
- Create, maintain, and update all hardware build sheets associated with physical and virtual hardware and software to include all server rack elevations and drawings.
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with all team members.
- Successfully manage time and technical responsibilities, set accurate expectations and meet deliverable deadlines while working in a team and information sharing environment.
- Strong understanding of enterprise, network, systems.
- Understanding of system hardening, tools, guidelines and benchmarks and encryption technologies DoD STIG's.
The work location is within the Joint Service Provider Hampton Roads (JSP/JPH), NSA Norfolk, VA campus.
This position will require:
- BS degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or equivalent experience/combined education, with additional specialized technical training.
- Understanding of scripting or programming for systems management.
- Experience using development environments such as Visual Studio and Eclipse.
- Understanding of databases, i.e. SQL and SQL management studio.
- Understanding of application virtualization and testing with Power Shell or Visual Basic scripts.
- Working knowledge and experience with VMWare VCenter
- Shift Schedule will be daily Monday -thru- Friday
- DoD Secret clearance required to be considered
- DOD 8570.01m compliant:
- Current Security+CE certification required
- Current Microsoft Server 2012R2 and VMWare VCA certification required.