The Defense group at Leidos has a career opening for a Software Engineer in Fort Meade, MD. *This position will primarily be a telecommuting position with up to 10% travel to Columbia, MD.
This Software Developer will support, upgrade and make enhancements to the DISA Storefront application (DSF) within the Kinetic Data Core Edition platform.
• Coding/configuring software applications based on detailed wireframes and requirements.
• Testing the application for usability and functionality.
• Creating Unit Tests.
• Writing automated UI tests.
• Participating in code reviews.
• Working with the Systems Engineers as well as testers to assure the application is meeting the requirements.
• Work in a fast paced software development environment to meet schedule milestones.
• REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical disciple, and 1+ year relevant experience. Work experience can be used in lieu of degree.
• Strong communication skills that enable proactive and effective collaboration with a virtual team.
• Knowledge of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of Software Engineering field working under limited supervision.
• Currently possess an active 8570 IAT II Certification.
• Currently possess an active DoD Secret security clearance