Today, Electronic Warfare (EW) is a growing enterprise - protecting the warfighter and our national security against ever-adapting threats. Leidos currently has an opening for a Signal Processing Engineer to support EW programs in San Diego, CA. As part of our team, you will focus on improving the robustness and efficacy of sensors and signals in complicated environments. More broadly, you will lead the advancement of state of the art in research and advanced applications to support ongoing and future EW programs. As a senior technical team member, you will have an opportunity to lead tasks or projects as well.
Anticipated tasks include:
- Translate high-level functional goals into tasks, and lead execution
- Develop, model, and test algorithms in Matlab, Simulink, or C++ etc.
- Analyze results from simulation or real data to identify root causes and trends
- Develop novel and advanced algorithms, performance simulation, and analysis - using simulated and real data in both time series and spectral domains
- Participate in lab-based and field testing
- Lead and/or engage in multiple projects
- Communicate results in briefings and written material to your team, the Customer and management
- Serve as key Customer interface
- Serve as Technical Team Lead, and support PM with task planning, forecasting etc.
- Lead or support marketing and business development initiatives: develop technical solutions and new ideas for response to capture efforts (e.g., BAAs, RFPs etc.)
- Must be U.S. Citizen
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field, with 15 years' experience
- Active TS//SCI clearance
- Team leadership experience
- Experience translating functional requirements into tasks
- Fluent with tools such as MATLAB, Linux, Mathematica, Python, Simulink - and languages such as C/C++, Java etc.
- Strong analytical skills and experience in areas of adaptive filter theory, spectral estimation, detection and estimation theory, linear algebra and/or stochastic processes
- Proven record of innovation for solving complex signal processing, detection, estimation and tracking related problems
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field, with minimum 13 years' experience
- Significant experience in Electronic Warfare (EW) signal processing algorithm development, working with both simulated and real data
- Capture leadership experience, i.e., experience leading responses to BAAs, RFPs etc.