Leidos Military & Veterans Health Solutions Operations has an opening for a Chief Technology Officer in Austin, TX for the Infrastructure Operations Services Support (IOSS) program located in Austin, TX. This position is responsible for overseeing all technical aspects in support of the VA IOSS. The Chief Technology Officer works with VA Executive Management and Leidos Veterans Health Technical Account Managers and overall Veterans Health CTO to fulfill the VA mission through the use of technological resources. Using an active and practical approach, this position will work with all employees in the VA and contractors to attain the VA's strategic goals established in the VA's strategic plan. Candidate must work from customer location in Austin, TX. No remote work.
- Work with VA Leadership to establish the VA's technical vision
- Work with VA Leadership to direct all aspects of technological development.
- Assist VA to direct their strategic direction, development and future growth.
- Works in a consultative fashion with other department heads both inside of IO and out as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide leadership to department heads in a fashion that supports the VA's culture, mission and values.
- Conducts research and case studies on leading edge technologies and makes determinations on the probability of implementation.
- Work with Leidos Veterans Health Technical Account Managers (TAMs) and overall Veterans Health CTO for analysis of innovative architectures and solutions in support of major VA efforts and business objectives within the core while balancing these solutions against cost, schedule, function, quality, and other business considerations.
- Acts as a good steward of VA resources and ensures control of internal and external budgets.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Requires BS degree and 15 years of prior relevant experience in related field or Masters with 13 years of prior relevant experience in related field. Must posses 7 years of managerial and strategic experience.
- Must have a proven track record of success in leadership positionLeadership skills in infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques including mass application movements into the cloud including implementation of Private Cloud, Azure or AWS and consolidation of data centers within in large regulated enterprise environments. Exceptional project management and organization skills.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
- Requires US Citizen or US Person with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.