Do you want to grow your career and be part of a team solving critical challenges that affect the world?
Leidos Civil is leading the way in solving internationally pressing issues, including:
- Aviation - Guiding the world's air traffic, managing 43,000+ flights for 2.5 million passengers per day
- Logistics & infrastructure support - Operating infrastructure for large-scale nuclear cleanup efforts
- Cybersecurity - Monitoring advanced threats; managing security services and utility command and control centers
- Facility management & operations - Operating the world's longest supply chain to Antarctica
- Energy engineering - Restoring power during hurricane efforts; helping communities achieve significant energy savings
- Environmental management - Delivering innovative environmental solutions and wildlife conservation plans
- IT infrastructure modernization - Helping 2+ million citizens recover from identity theft; maintaining global biometrics systems
- Transportation security solutions - Securing U.S. borders with 1200+ radiation and explosive monitors; designing vehicle solutions that save lives, reduce congestion, and boost fuel efficiency
If you desire to be an integral part of a dynamic team of science and technology leaders, then Leidos Civil is the place for you!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...Practical Answers for a Complicated World
Leidos Civil Group is seeking an experienced IS/UT System Administrator to support the DHS CBP Air Marine Operations National Aviation Maintenance and Logistics Services (NAMLS) program.
Performs operational management of the IT program, encompassing all aspects of IT support, including providing system and network management, data administration, help desk, user training, inventory, and software development and maintenance support to all applications, operating systems, hardware, software, and IT infrastructure, including the current CARMAC Maintenance tracking system and future Maximo for Aviation maintenance tracking system, workstations, servers, printers, and switches, while ensuring adherence to and compliance with DHS/CBP policies, regulations, and guidelines regarding Sensitive But Unclassified (SBU) networks
• System administrator also serves as a member of the Configuration Control Board (CCB)
• Coordinates all tasks through the Maximo IT Chief, and as needed with the government IT specialist
• Based on processes and procedures at the Leidos 14 CFR Part 145 Repair Station and proven processes and procedures within similar aviation programs; one (1) System Administrator is required to ensure the fleet maintains operational readiness
Knowledge & Skills
• Working knowledge of analytical methodology, statistical process control and continual process improvement
• Extensive knowledge of logistic systems, planning, quality control and supervisory policies, principles, procedures and techniques
• Familiarity with the development and operation of management reporting systems
• Knowledge of FAA 14CFR and DoD regulatory requirements a plus
• Familiarity with aircraft standards of maintainability and serviceability
• Ability to develop and present senior staff-level briefings and management reports
• Demonstrated experience with process improvement approaches and change management
• Excellent communication interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Additional knowledge/skills may be required by contract or assignment
Experience & Education
• Bachelor's degree in IT, business management, or engineering preferred. Six (6) years of applicable experience, or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of Bachelor degree
• Four (4) to eight (8) years progressive experience in related aviation quality field, preference given to higher end of experience level or applicable certifications
• Knowledge of the aviation software systems preferred
• ISO 9000 training and experience desired
*This position will require successful completion of a Government Homeland Security required clearance and background check
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
Normal office environment; Aviation hangar and ramp
Ability to travel domestically and internationally