The Leidos Airborne Integration & Ground Processing Systems operation of the Advanced Solutions Group currently has a career opening for a Field Service Engineer for the Airborne Reconnaissance Low - Enhanced (ARL-E) program located in Aberdeen, MD. ARL-E is a multi-year program supporting the U.S. Army with upgrading and enhancing the Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) capabilities of their airborne reconnaissance fleet.
The Field Service Engineer will perform integration and maintenance of the Airborne ISR (AISR) system. As a part of a multi-company team, the candidate will integrate Mission Equipment Payloads into aircraft, perform system checkout and support the Test & Evaluation team throughout the Contractor Testing and system fielding.
The ARL-E team is geographically separated with primary duty locations of Aberdeen, MD and Manassas, VA. A minimum of 50% travel may be required to support activities at each of the primary duty locations as well as CONUS test ranges. The Field Service Engineer will report to the Integration Lead Engineer located in Aberdeen, MD.
The Field Service Engineer is responsible for assisting leadership with the technical oversight, and day-to-day design, development, integration, and testing of a hardware and software system architecture to support the AISR system. The FSE will integrate airborne avionics and data links, manage integration processes, and have the ability to identify innovative solutions to extremely complex, multi-faceted technical problems.
Day to day activities include but are not limited too:
- Integration of government and contractor primary mission equipment
- Testing equipment and creating/updating documentation associated with integration activities
- Termination of system cables
- Performance of subsystem Integration Assembly Test and Checkout
- Troubleshooting to isolate system faults and perform repairs
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of four (4) years of related experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Experience with electronic troubleshooting, part and wire repair, maintenance inspections
- Civilian and/or military experience with Airborne programs
- Active Top Secret /SCI
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Outlook)
- Knowledge of aircraft integration and operations
- Experience with integrating networking hardware/software into Airborne Platforms
- GPS Communications Troubleshooting
- Ability to pass a Class II flight physical and altitude chamber
- Strong troubleshooting, problem-solving, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills.