Leidos is hiring for a Sr. Geospatial Systems Engineer/Sys Admin on a software deployment team, working hand-in-hand with the Chief Architect (CA), Chief Engineer (CE), deployment Scrum Master, and the Program Management Leadership team to help design and engineer the next generation desktop and web based production and dissemination system.
This position involves leading systems engineering activities that support building and delivering new and innovative systems to implement analytics, exploitation, production and dissemination using web, remote desktop, and cloud technologies. This position will require experience across multiple System Engineering domains with a focus on standing up and maintaining cloud environments, and the deployment of custom code, COTS, and GOTS to those environments with a Geospatial focus.
- Experience with Amazon Web services (AWS)
- System (hardware, software and networking) Design and Architecture.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work in a collaborative environment across multiple sites
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Strong presentation skills (all levels of management / customer).
- Familiarity with the geospatial domain and technologies (ArcGIS, WMS, WFS, KML).
- Understanding of SW development methodologies (Agile), Cost and work Estimation (Excel).
- Requires BS and at least 12 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience deploying GIS, specifically ESRI ArcGIS systems
- Experience with various AWS capabilities and services
- Experience writing, maintaining, and describing architecture diagrams