The Defense Group at Leidos has an opportunity for a Network Engineer to work at Fort Belvoir VA.
The engineer has the responsibility to design and build out technological solutions to support DTRA's in house application availability and external reachability requirement. The Engineer will work directly with customers to determine requirements for site-to-site redundancy and build out solutions to account for these needs, including failover automation, notification, adequate sizing of real server pools, etc.
- Experience working with managing Distributed Common DTRA Systems
- Experience working on airborne network and computing environments/systems
- Data and application backups, Information Systems disaster recovery efforts, and Information Systems vulnerability scanning and mitigation.
- Technical documentation (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Provide hardware and software installation, configuration, and testing.
- Research and update client management team on technologies and strategies to achieve the highest level of network efficiency.
- Aid engineering staff with Hardware, software, and project specific system support.
- Provide input, response, and completion when applicable to Information Systems data-call audits.
- Provide updates and input on any agency overall to Information Systems efforts.
- Implement DoD mandated security configurations
- Palo Alto next generation firewall experience
- Active Directory authentication experience, to assist in development and troubleshooting the APM based portal
- L2/L3 network engineering expertise, specifically using Cisco products
- Exceptional Scripting skills (shell, iRule/TCL, LUA, python)
- Able to perform tasks within strict timelines with little or no oversight
- Experience with Cloud providers/technologies
- Installing and maintaining security patches on servers
- Create, maintain, and implement detailed documentation for standard systems operating procedures to be used across the enterprise
- Analyze available hardware and software from outside vendors and make recommendation for purchase and installation of cost effective solutions
- Review work performed by lower level technical staff
- Work closely with client Property Accountability Officer for logistics management and input as well as the DoD Information System Security Officer.
- Attend onsite/offsite meetings to include teleconferences (travel may be required)
- Support Information System Security Manager as the Information Security Officer, maintain stand-alone, classified, information system administration
- Requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Advanced level understanding of Load Balancing using the F5 BigIP suite of toolsets, Specifically the APM, LTM, and GTM modules
- Experience developing infrastructure to support highly available web applications
- Advanced level understanding of Network Engineering and security considerations as they apply to load balancing and constrained delegation functionality
- Experience developing or using community created iRules to support functionality not native to the existing modules
- Experience working with the F5 virtual appliance, vs. a physical deployment
- Professional level certification from CISCO, Juniper, or F5
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, to be able to effectively document solutions and obtain requirements from customers
- Experience with System (hardware) and application (software) installation and configuration.
- Application of security settings and other commercial best practices such as DISA STIGS.
- Experience with configuration, troubleshooting and maintaining VMWare environments.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance and the ability to acquire a Top Secret security clearance is required for this position.
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at least IAT level II, e.g. Security+ CE.
- Microsoft Server experience (2012 & 2016)
- Network Monitoring tools (Manage Engine, Software Center Configuration Manager
- Candidates with a thorough knowledge of networking principles to included TCP/IP a plus
- Experience with a ticketing system such as BMC Remedy
Experience working with virtual environments