No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
The ESA IV program provides Information Technology (IT) applications and infrastructure services to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) and other Department of Justice (DOJ) components. The program provides a wide range of IT services, including IT Service Management (ITSM) support, service desk, software application support, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, managed print services, Active Directory services, and video conferencing. The program utilizes ServiceNow to provide ITSM services and is seeking a talented systems engineering lead to drive the definition and delivery of high quality solutions to our customer. This individual will lead our systems engineering efforts as we work to meet customer needs and ongoing program requirements for the operations, maintenance and enhancement of the ITSM platform.
- Lead the ITSM team in generating, enhancing, implementing and executing systems engineering and team processes, plans and procedures.
- Lead the team in working with stakeholders to analyze the business and technical needs for the ITSM system, and defining and documenting the needed system and software requirements in the form of roadmaps, backlogs and user stories.
- Lead the successful completion of requirement definition and documentation within required program schedules.
- Accomplish all tasks via a combination of individual hands-on effort and leadership of ServiceNow team members in the performance of these tasks. None of the current team members are trained systems engineers or business analysts; they are primarily software developers who perform user story definition as part of their job duties, so part of this task is to ensure that they follow industry standard best practices in the generation of these requirements.
- Lead team activities as needed, including those that are part of the Agile process such as scrum meetings.
- Support team activities and review work products to ensure implementation and testing is consistent with requirements and meets business needs.
- Provide status of team activities to management as needed.
- Mentor and develop team members, particularly in the areas of systems engineering, business analysis, requirements generation and associated best practices
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with 12 years of prior relevant experience; or a Master's degree with 10 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Systems engineering experience, including generation of systems and software requirements
- Business analysis experience, including working with customers and stakeholders to define system needs
- Experience leading small teams or projects
- Experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives
- Customer interface experience
- Experience working across multiple levels of internal and customer stakeholders and reaching consensus on complex technical solutions
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Experience with use of Agile methodologies for systems engineering, software development and/or testing
- Agile certifications and experience leading Agile efforts, particularly as Scrum Master
- Experience supporting customers in a dynamic IT operations environment
- ITSM experience, especially with ServiceNow
- Cloud development and testing experience
- Software development and/or test experience
- Government contracting experience, particularly with the DOJ
- Current DOJ Public Trust Clearance
C andidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer's information. US Citizenship is required. Current clearance is not required.