The Leidos Airborne Solutions Operations has an opening located in Biggs Army Airfield at Ft Bliss in El Paso, TX, with a growing Airborne Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance program as a Field Support and Maintenance Manager. The Field Support and Maintenance Manager provides leadership, supervision and reporting for a highly technical and advances Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance platform. The selected candidate will oversee all program scheduled and unscheduled aircraft maintenance in accordance with DCMA approved Ground and Flight Operating Procedures, in support of US Army missions, to ensure the highest levels of sensor availability and mission completion operating both CONUS and OCONUS.
- Responsible for leading an FSR team maintaining a multifaceted fleet featuring multiple platform Mission Equipment Payloads (MEP) for a high tempo based mission flight program.
- Maintains appropriate liaison with Government customers, suppliers/vendors and service contractors per Leidos and contract policies and procedures.
- Implement and enforce Leidos and sub-contractor training curriculum to ensure compliance with contractual requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring near-continuous operation of existing and future Mission Equipment Payloads which include COMINT, SIGINT, Radar, HSI and MX-20 systems.
- Responsible for identifying priorities, coordinating and assignment of associated tasks involving scheduled maintenance of MEP in support of daily flights.
- Responsible for timely and accurate reporting of operational system deficiencies and status.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree and five (5) years of relevant experience, or Masters with three (3) years of experience; four (4) additional years of prior relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Proven Leadership ability in leading, organizing and coordination various resource teams in completing troubleshooting and repair of complex systems.
- Requires extensive knowledge of IT network and MEP systems on the ISR asset and ground systems architecture.
- Requires strong IT background to include experience with networking, software, hardware, and virtual network environments and troubleshooting.
- Requires Expert Knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts to network and avionics mission systems
- Must have an active Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
- Must have a high level of computer knowledge (i.e. Windows IP config, Microsoft Office Suite)
- Troubleshooting skills with experience using relevant test equipment
- Airframe and Powerplant Certificate a plus
- DoD 8570 Compliant IAT Level II (ability to gain certification within 6 months)
Prior experience with the following systems:
- Beyond Line of Site (BLOS) SATCOM Networks
- Signature Aperture Radar