The Leidos Antarctic Support Contract has a career opportunity for an IT Life Cycle Manager, located in Centennial Colorado. The IT Life Cycle Manager is a critical, full-time position in the operation of the Antarctic Support Contract (ASC). We are seeking a motivated self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic environment. You must have the desire and ability to make short-term deployments to the Antarctic stations that Leidos operates on behalf of the National Science Foundation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for life cycle management of the Information Technology and Communications (IT&C) department's inventory of devices, systems and software within the Leidos Antarctic Support Contract. The IT Life Cycle Manager will develop a program to track systems and components from planned procurement, through the operational phase and onto eventual retirement.
This position will work closely with IT&C managers, project teams and operational subject matter experts to develop and maintain the life cycle program. This position will maintain a visual dashboard of system status and develop investment priorities to ensure all infrastructure, systems and applications are maintained at the best level possible.
Additionally, this position will prepare investment priorities, status presentations and data analysis to inform investments in the IT&C infrastructure for executive management.
- Develop an IT life cycle management program, including Standard Operating Procedures and processes, for devices, infrastructure, systems and applications
- Ensure life cycle management plan matures throughout technology and solutions development
- Recommend and advise on tools useful in the management of asset life cycles
- Develop and maintain enterprise life cycle dash boards to inform product and investment decisions
- Support IT&C managers in managing assets and inventories
- Support life cycle focused projects in developing project charters, scope and requirements
- Responsible for the on-going tracking of infrastructure elements from procurement through deployment, management and disposition
- Coordinate life-cycle management program with Enterprise Architecture strategies and technology roadmap
- Coordinate life-cycle inputs with Enterprise Standards review process
- Capability to work independently and self-motivate
- Coordinate diverse perspectives from various stakeholders to produce high quality project results
- Participate in the creation of technical and procedural documentation. Perform annual/seasonal review of documentation
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical or business field, or equivalent years of experience
- A minimum of 4 to 8 years of relevant experience which includes demonstrated life cycle management accomplishments
- Understanding of the entire project lifecycle (initiate, plan, execute, control, close, continuous improvement); experience managing projects within a PMO environment is preferred
- Self-starter and ability to work with minimal guidance
- Overview knowledge of IT infrastructure
- Positive, professional attitude and a tactful communicator
- Customer-service driven focus
- Strong presentation and data visualization skills
- Proficient in creating process and procedural documentation
- Solid understanding of business and financial processes
*** Deployment to Antarctica may be required. The individual in the position must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action. ***