No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
Job Description: The ESA IV program provides Information Technology (IT) applications and infrastructure services to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) and other Department of Justice (DOJ) components. The program provides a wide range of IT services, including IT Service Management (ITSM) support, service desk, software application support, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, managed print services, Active Directory services, and video conferencing. The program utilizes ServiceNow to provide ITSM services and is seeking a talented software test lead to ensure the delivery of high quality solutions to our customer. This individual will lead our testing efforts as we work to meet customer needs and ongoing program requirements for the operations, maintenance and enhancement of the ITSM platform.
- Lead the ITSM team in generating, enhancing, implementing and executing test processes, plans and procedures.
- Lead the successful completion of independent software testing within required program schedules.
- Lead efforts to improve test quality and efficiency, including increasing code/functionality coverage and implementation of ongoing enhancements and expansion of the use of the automated test framework within ServiceNow to perform automated testing.
- Accomplish all tasks via a combination of individual hands-on effort and leadership of ServiceNow team members in the performance of these tasks. None of the current team members are trained testers; they are primarily software developers who perform testing as part of their job duties, so part of this task is to ensure that they follow industry standard testing best practices, including independent verification of other developers' work.
- Lead team activities as needed, including those which are part of the Agile process such as scrum meetings.
- Support team activities and review work products to ensure testability is incorporated throughout the process.
- Provide status and results of test activities to management as needed.
- Mentor and develop team members, particularly in the area of software testing and associated best practices
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with 8 years of prior relevant experience; or a Master's degree with 6 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Software testing experience, including development and execution of testing processes, plans and procedures
- Automated testing experience, including development and execution of automated test procedures
- Experience leading small teams or projects
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Experience with use of Agile methodologies for software development and testing
- Agile certifications and/or experience leading Agile efforts , particularly as Scrum Master
- Experience supporting customers in a dynamic IT operations environment
- ITSM experience, especially with ServiceNow
- Cloud development and/or testing experience
- Software development experience
- Government contracting experience, particularly with the DOJ
- Current DOJ Public Trust Clearance
Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer's information. US Citizenship is required. Current clearance is not required.