Leidos is working closely with the U.S. Navy at Naval Warfare Surface Center Carderock Division. The goal of this program is to develop highly sophisticated training systems and tactical decision aids to help Anti-Submarine Warfare operators train for and operate in complex environments against quiet diesel and nuclear submarines.
Leidos currently has an immediate opening for a skilled, experienced ASW Analyst, supporting multiple US Navy programs located at a US Government site in both Manassas, VA & Bethesda, MD. Leidos' High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. We are looking for an energetic, motivated, independent, self-starter for a challenging position supporting programs that develop and produce state of the art training and tactical decision aids systems. Career advancement possibilities are limited only by your desire.
Candidate will develop and evaluate training programs for the surface community of the US Navy utilizing Leidos' SAST and CIAT trainers. Candidate will be the training subject matter expert, and will also support the development and delivery of acoustic training systems for the Advanced Capabilities Build (ACB) program of the SQQ-89A(V)15 sonar system onboard surface combatant ships. Candidate's responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Participate in systems engineering activities for high fidelity, supercomputing based, acoustic trainers.
- E valuate and test trainer capabilities
- Interact with internal developers as well as external tactical development team members, US Navy schoolhouse personnel, and military and civilian DoD customers to ensure that trainer requirements are captured and designed into the trainerS
- Participate in the installation for training systems
- Train the trainers responsible for operating the training systems
Travel is required to trainer sites at various naval bases, and will account for 15% - 20% of the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or 4 years of additional related experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.•
- US citizenship and an active DoD Secret clearance
Required Experience and Skills:
- Must have 10+ years of subject matter work experience, obtained through prior related military experience
- Must have specific subject matter expertise in one of the following subject areas: SQQ-89 Sonar system operation, underwater acoustics, underwater sound propagation, tactical oceanography.
- Must be comfortable working directly with software developers and conducting software testing.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to excellence, a dedication to producing quality work results, and an ability to learn and apply new skills.
- Must be committed to customer service, well organized, able to plan and prioritize assignments, and able to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and work well under deadlines.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, and be able to work successfully in a team environment.
- Must be able to utilize Microsoft Windows and Office products in support of day to day tasking.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- Active Secret Security Clearance preferred
- Military experience in Undersea Warfare as an acoustic operator (STS/STG/OT) or junior officer
- Acoustic Intelligence experience• Software development and or software testing experience•
- Experience with Linux and programming languages (e.g., C, C++, Java)