The Government Health & Safety Operation currently has an opening for a Project Manager/Scheduler to support a large healthcare contract in Rockville, MD. The Next Generation IT Services (NGITS) - Engineering contract provides enterprise and infrastructure engineering support to the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Update and maintain multiple project schedules in Microsoft Project Online.
- Work directly with engineers and team leads to gather schedule updates, incorporate the updates in the schedule, lead weekly schedule review calls, add new projects to schedule, as needed and deliver master schedule to team as needed.
- Provide full lifecycle project management support to engineering projects using standardized and industry accepted methodologies for project initiation, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing.
- Work directly with engineers to provide project management support to ongoing projects. Support includes writing and editing project documents, coordinate project tasks and activities, coordinate resources, provide status updates and gather project requirements.
- Work closely with program manager to support internal requirements, contract deliverable requirements and general contract coordination.
- Ensure all deliverables, documentation, and artifacts adhere to the program policies, processes, and templates as applicable to include project plans, schedules, Project Charter, Project Management Plan, Risk Management Plan, Communications Management Plan, and Change Management Plan.
- Prepare for and participate in project status reviews, stage gate reviews, and other oversight meetings with internal and customer staff on no less than a monthly basis.
- Deliver written project status reports on no less than a monthly basis for all active engineering projects to the designated ITIO project manager.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 4-8 years of experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance
- Must possess Project Management Institute Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or generally accepted government equivalent (e.g., Federal Acquisition Certification for Program and Project Managers (FAC-P/PM) Level II
- Must have 3+ years of project management experience
- Must have 2+ years of Microsoft Project experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 tools such as Project Online or PowerBI
- Knowledge of Enterprise Performance Life Cycle framework
- Experience presenting to teams or large groups
Risk management experience