The Leidos Civil is seeking a Systems Administrator to join our Aviation Lab Engineering Group. This is an opportunity to join the leading provider of air traffic control systems guiding the world's air traffic managing 43,000+ flights for 2.5 million passengers per day.
The Lab Engineering Systems Engineer areas of responsibility include:
- Install, configure, and maintain Air Traffic Control (ATC) systems including the associated hardware and software used in our development and test labs.
- Install new hardware and software
- Apply and configure firmware, software and patches to system components.
- Construct, troubleshoot, calibrate, test, and maintains hardware components, devices, and systems.
- Perform hardware and software administration using ATC engineering processes.
- Perform workstation, server, network hardware and software installations and modifications.
- Effectively troubleshoot system issues performing problem determination and solutions.
- Build labs following technical drawings. Assemble and dress racks. Assemble tables.
- Using cable diagrams run cables under floor and above rack per the specifications.
- Repair hardware using spare parts.
- Experience installing and updating firmware on various hardware components.
- Setup and maintain system peripherals such as printers and KVMs.
- Effectively respond to, prioritize, and disposition help desk tickets.
- Document work including creating and updating documentation.
- Ability to work on a team and work independently
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
. Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 4 years of professional experience; or 2 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree.
- Typically requires BS degree or equivalent military and/or work experience.
Cat 5 & 6 cable termination. C++, A+, Net+, LINUX experience.