More About the Role:
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for evaluating system requirements, architectures, models, designs, and release/deployment plans. Assessing the technical and operational characteristics of systems. Manage system designs and reviews through the Engineering Working Group review process. Provide expertise in, but not limited to, System Architecture, System Engineering, Systems Integration, Technical leadership, Strategic Planning, Business Analysis and Technical Analysis. Assess the conceptual and physical design for completeness, compliance to standards, and robustness. Identify design concerns and considerations for performance and scalability. Develop solution architectures to resolve identified issues and support system operations.
What You'll Get to Do:
• Perform on an Engineering team responsible for the development and management of systems designs, build sheets/build specification and deployment artifacts among others.
• Facilitate the successful EWG reviews of systems being introduced into the TI environments and legacy systems that require documentation and review for 2020 Census operations.
• Provide enhancements or improvements to systems by studying current workflows and designs and determining inefficiencies.
• Develop process/control changes by identifying gaps/issues/areas for improvement; writing improved processes.
• Supports Systems Engineering efforts through management of Change Requests, Impact analysis, Systems analysis, documentation, and review.
• Maintains system architecture and associated design documents, updating procedures, analyzing system and managing program changes.
• Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; bench-marking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
-Requires a BA degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
• 10+ years as a Systems Engineer on Large Scale Development and Integration Programs.
• Experience designing solution architectures for complex Systems within a System of Systems.
• Experience designing complex, integrated systems through the full system development life cycle.
• Experience in understanding and creating System physical and conceptual architecture diagrams.
• Experience working in Cloud and On Prem Data Center environments (e.g. AWS GovCloud and/or VMware Servers in a physical data center).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in a fast paced environment with large amounts of external stakeholder interaction.
• Experience with functional and/or technical aspects of enterprise commercial off the shelf software packages as well as custom developed software and applications.
• Demonstrated experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships in team environments and with other business organizations.