Leidos is looking for a Systems Engineer to provide support to the Program Management Office (PMO) office for the customer's new facility build project. The position requires the following:
• Customer requires engineering support to assess, document and propose feasible IT design solutions for new building construction to meet user expectations, support mission and incorporate future technologies.
• Requires in-depth assessment and documentation of the current IT infrastructure at the current location and proposed solutions for the new build.
• Current fiscal year tasks will include completing the assessment and documentation of the current IT baseline within the current customer facility (inventory of all end-user devices: workstations, plotters, printers, scanners, VTC, telecomm equipment, and other equipment).
• Produce drawings of current (as-is) architectures at current facility.
• Assess, collect, consolidate and compile software data from varying sources into a single document.
• Future fiscal year tasks include conducting research of potential emerging technology solutions and potential use at N2W.
• Support and maintain architectural documentation.
• Support the development, implementation and documentation of test plans, test cases and use cases for potential N2W transport solutions to ensure mission accomplishment and compliance with NGA rules/regulations.
• Compare and evaluate emerging technologies related to UFS Active IT.
• Assist NAVAIR and the N2W PMO office with future baseline documentation for N2W.
• Assist with the preparation of Readiness Reviews and milestones for the next phase of the N2W Active IT program.
• Document all accepted UFS architectural technologies for N2W UFS Active IT Baseline (MS Visio-derived).
• Will interact and communicate with other program personnel, government POCs and senior executives.
Skills and Tasks:
Exceptionally Complex - researches and evaluates new concepts and processes to improve performance. Analyzes cross functional problem sets, identifies root causes and resolves issues. Assists more junior level technicians, specialists, and managers in their activities. Can perform all tasks of lower level technicians, specialists, and/or managers.
Individual Work/Teamwork or Leadership/Management:
Leadership/Management - Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams, and leads multiple tasks, projects or teams. Oversees and monitors performance, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues.
Directs multiple teams through to project completion. Provides guidance and direction to lower level technicians, specialists, and managers.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:s Bachelors Degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience